Everyone loves to navigate a beautiful website. However, a pretty website design is not all you need to boost rankings on search results. A website must also be designed for Search Engine Optimization to serve the needs of your target customer and boost your brand’s visibility. When you design a website that offers visitors easy navigation and a browsing experience, Google will rank your website higher. This is because it perceives such a website as being valuable to its users.
In this article, we shall explore HOW TO BOOST RANKINGS with a great website design. Ready? Let’s dig in.
Web design and SEO: Basics
A good web design incorporates the elements of SEO right from the designing stage! Creating a website that later requires ‘heavy’ SEO effort is not only challenging but also costly. One stand-out feature of an SEO-friendly web design lets Google crawl through it and index its pages with minimal fuss.
Some best practices to observe that will help you to effectively get a well-optimized web design include:
- Having good domains that hint at what you do! It is also wise to settle on a ‘.com’ or ‘.net’ domains since most people are familiar with these.
- Having links from high-authority websites. These will boost the ranking of your website.
- Have good meta descriptions and headlines. Having a longer headline that has your focus keyword is essential to getting more ‘clicks.’
- Your website should be responsive to mobile. It is important because most searches come from mobile.
- Use header tags like <h1> <h2> etc. These are great for separating the content in your pages not to come off as ‘bulky.’
- Web Design And SEO: Technical SEO
A good web design has ‘well-done’ technical SEO. Technical SEO is the ‘backbone of your page structure. It constitutes elements that will allow search engines to crawl your website and easily index your web pages. Without this technical side of SEO, your website would not be able to be ranked at all! It represents the foundation of your optimization strategy that creates the platform for your On-page and Off-page SEO to work effectively.
Technical SEO includes elements like:
- The architecture of your website. This involves elements like SEO-friendly URLs and sitemaps.
- Loading speed of your website. Slow loading speeds can make your website visitor turn to your competitor’s website. On the other hand, fast loading speeds are admirable.
- Responsiveness of your website. Your users should access and navigate your website easily, no matter the device they are using.
- Web Design And SEO: On-Page SEO
On-page SEO refers to elements on your website that you can optimize for users to easily understand your web pages’ content. Ensuring that all elements of your web page are organized properly is essential. Categorizing these items well contributes to a better customer experience. It also allows search engines to crawl and index your web pages easily. On-page SEO involves ‘injecting life’ into the visual elements of your website.
The best practices to follow for a better On-page SEO include:
- Creating internal links
- Optimizing your URLs
- Optimizing your meta descriptions
- Eliminating errors, missing pages, and broken links
- Including alt tags
- Hire An Expert Web Design Firm
The key to having a website that stands out from others is the best SEO. Seeking the expertise of a web design firm is your best bet. A good web agency can create a great SEO-optimized web design that will boost your website’s rankings. A web design firm can help you get a well-organized website that is eye-catching, easy to navigate, addresses users’ questions, provides contact options, and is also very informative.
Get the best Digital Marketing Agency in Los Angeles behind you TODAY!
Web design firms possess all the necessary tools required to create an SEO-optimized website. Web design firms are updated on aspects like search engine functionalities and coding knowledge. They will thus create a website that is at par with all the newest SEO trends and have the expertise to use tools like web analytics and plugins.
Give us a call today at 310-340-0619 today and claim your FREE Digital Marketing Audit today! We’ll talk soon.